Animation & Video game program
- Duration: 5 years
- Curriculum: 10 semesters
- Exchange semesters: possible
- Seeking degree students: welcomed
- Course language: French
- Location: Paris
- Tuition fees
France constitutes a true centre of excellence for 2D and 3D animation films, special effects (VFX) and video games and is constantly on the lookout for new talent.
For the past ten years or so, this global industry has grown sharply, both in terms of production and techniques. France is currently the world’s third largest producer of animation films and the leader in Europe. Generally speaking, all advertising films include animation effects.
The programme consists of two degrees: a Bachelor’s degree (3 years) and a Master of Arts degree (2 years).
A foundation year enables students to acquire the fundamental artistic techniques as well as the theoretical knowledge that will provide them with a solid foundation from which to pursue their studies up until their specialisation.
Many hours of classes are dedicated to learning and mastering artistic techniques, including drawing, figure drawing, colour, perspective, sculpting, spatial representation and use of different materials.
Over the following two years, students choose to further their technical and artistic knowledge geared towards professions in two main industries, animation and video games. They share general classes in animation (2D and 3D), character design, set creation, storyboarding (animation films and video games), editing and camera work. At the same time, they broaden their knowledge of professions specific to the animation or video games industry. This allows students to produce successful projects under conditions which almost completely mirror those of the profession.
Master of Arts programme
This programme allows students to specialise in:
- Animation professions (Previz, post-production, special effects)
- Predominantly artistic professions in both industries (pre-production, game art)
- Professions specific to video games (game design, level design)
Advantages of 3iS
- Quality equipment (motion capture studio, computer rooms with the latest software)
- Artistic environment which favours the production of interdisciplinary projects (animation, special effects, etc.)