3iS Paris campus
The Paris 3iS campus is situated in 2 buildings 500 metres apart, in the centre of the Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (SQY) urban area community, which counts 230,000 inhabitants including 17,000 students.
As the second business centre in France, SQY offers a dynamic, rapidly growing environment with 16,000 businesses, including the head offices of many multinational companies.
Situated 24km from Paris and 10km from Versailles, the campus consists of two buildings easily accessible by public transport. The premises were specially designed to provide an optimal environment for training students in image and sound professions, and offer state-of-the-art equipment.
The Paris campus is the largest audiovisual campus in Europe with over 12,000m² dedicated to learning sound and image professions, including shooting sets, sound mixing studios, motion capture set, TV control room and set, radio studio and projection room.
A shop on the 3iS premises run by a specialised team offers students permanent, organised access to professional equipment, consumables, devices and accessories.
Equipment available for students
- 5 stages of 130m² with motion picture and lighting equipment
- 1 Technical Theatre Arts stage of 300 m² with light and sound equipment
- 2 writing rooms with computer terminals
- A 300 seat screening room, with sound dampening, a 8mx5m wide screen, Full HD Christie and 4K Sony projection.
- 5 drawing and art workshops (story boards and draft designs)
- 40 editing suites including 35 virtual editing rooms with bi-boot Avid Media Composer et Final Cut Pro stations and 4 CTM film editing rooms
- 7 multimedia rooms with 32 2D/3D animation workstations (Adobe, Maya, 3DS Max)
- 7 specialization rooms for Production, Assistant Directors and script continuity, and multimedia journalism
- 10 editing desks for audio (analog and digital) and digital audio postproduction (Genelec, HD Protools HD, micro studio material with more than 50 units : sound and public address system, analog and digital consoles, recorders with 24- track digital recorders)
- 1 mobile high-tech video desk ( broadcast video desk and mobile video desk)
- 1 sound studio (recording studio with a capacity for 12 musicians)
- 10 lecture theaters of 72 seats each and 22 classrooms of 20 to 48 seats each
- 1 250 m² store room where the equipment is stored, rented and maintained. There is a withdrawal counter, a test area and a delivery platform. The store room supplies cameras, storage numerical supports, projectors, lamps and gels, electrical equipment, boom microphones and accessories, travelling…
- 1 technical maintenance workshop
- 3 cafeterias in Wifi area, 2 with 250 seats each and 1 with 200 seats and opening on to a terrace.
Before arriving at the school, students are assisted by the Admissions department to find accommodation through partnerships concluded with many residences around the school. International students are all accommodated between 3iS and Paris, near Versailles and the public transport network.
Location: 15-20 min maximum from the campus via public transport.
Typical apartment: 18 m² studio, fully furnished and equipped (bed, desk, cupboard space, shower,WC, kitchenette). Most have an internet connection.
Rates: from €370 to €500 (including service charges) according to the type of accommodation.
NB: The residences are accredited and eligible for housing grants.