3iS Bordeaux campus (Bègles) : a unique location in Aquitaine
Ranked the best city in France in terms of environment according to many local and international surveys, Bordeaux has been ranked by Lonely Planet and Los Angeles Times as the 1st city that must be visited in 2017.
City of art, culture and history with extraordinary XVIIIth century architecture and exceptional surroundings, it is the biggest world heritage site never so honoured by the Unesco. It draws an increasing number of French and foreign students, both for the quality of life and the thriving business and cultural environment it offers. Bordeaux is located at 60km from the Ocean and 2 hours (by car) to the Pyrenées Mountains.
The Bordeaux campus lies in a new neighbourhood 10 minutes from the centre of Bordeaux which houses over 70 companies in the film and creative industries. This unique setting offers students ideal access to internships and facilitates educational projects involving professionals and cultural organisations in the region.
The 2200m² campus provides ideal conditions for learning image, sound and performing arts professions. The recently renovated premises include a 100m² studio, two modular technical sets, two sound/vision control rooms as well as sound editing, synchronisation and computer rooms.
Equipment available for students
- 20 classrooms of 20 to 46 seats
- A 45 m² film and photo shooting stage
- A 50 m² technical sound stage and a 74m2 multipurpose auditorium and 2 sound editing desks
- 1 Protools HD sound mixing studio with 1 adjoining speak cabin
- 4 virtual editing suites with 12 individual stations each
- 1 computer room for technical theatre art equipped with Protools, Stardraw, Isadora, Vectorworks et Pure data software
- 1 computer room to manage audiovisual production
- 1 screening room with a HD Infocus 3500 lumens projector, a video server and 5.1 audio system
- 1 test and maintenance workshop
- 1 store room where technical audiovisual equipment – sound and light – is stored and rented
3iS Bordeaux is located in the urban community of Bordeaux, a few tramway stops away from Saint-Jean station and Bordeaux town centre.
Accommodation can be found through the C.U.B. and the Terres Neuves Campus, and the students can benefit from allocations by the CAF.
The Suit’Etude residence is close to the school and offers a certain number of services adapted to students, it has 1 room to 3 rooms flats. The school also provides private housing offers.
For information by our partner Adele about accommodation near the school, click here !